[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Intrada Announces Alan Silvestri's FANDANGO

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Intrada Announces Alan Silvestri's FANDANGO
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:00 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

FANDANGO
Music Composed and Conducted by ALAN SILVESTRI
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 249

For the 1985 film Fandango, Alan Silvestri fashioned not only one of his earliest large-scale film scores, but also what remains one of his most dynamic. Like his subsequent score to Back to the Future later that year, the score for Fandango is filled with bristling, yet more serious, action music. Fandango also contains moments of gorgeous transparent tenderness and haunting beauty, making for a diverse score that remains one of Silvestri's finest efforts. The score as heard in the film clocks in at less than 15 minutes, due to much tampering and replacement of the score with pre-existing music. But even the complete score as presented is judiciously spotted, running slightly over 30 minutes. But a powerful journey those 30 minutes are.

For this premiere release, Warner Bros. provided the 2˝ 24-track scoring session master rolls plus virtually all of the studio and engineering session paperwork, allowing for a brand new mix of the entire score in vivid stereo. Every cue Silvestri recorded is included on this CD.

The film stars Kevin Costner, Judd Nelson and Sam Robards as three of the five “Groovers,” a group of recent University of Texas grads who set off on one last bender to Mexico before being drafted to serve in Vietnam.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 249
Retail Price: $19.99
Available Now
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8152/.f

Post subject: Re: Intrada Announces Alan Silvestri's FANDANGO
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:08 pm 
Congrats on overcoming obstacles and getting this one out. This will apparently make for my 40th Silvestri album; I find much to enjoy throughout the entire span of his career.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:02 pm 

Congratulations Roger!!! Your dream has come true! You done good! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:35 pm 

I've heard Alan Silvestri saying that this is his favorite work. It is certainly a major stone in the construction of his symphonic career... It'll be my 54th Silvestri CD, the very first being Back to the Future, bought 22 years ago. Congratulations Roger. There are many Silvestri gems that are missing from our collections. And this one is the very first of all. :D

The sound samples don't work for me, it's bringing me back to the home page.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:40 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:27 am 
Site Admin

Samples posted 26Jun13 (9:30AM PST)

Mark Hammon
Web Hamster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:25 am 
It is great to hear this work as it was recorded.

I don't have the music with me at this precise moment, but I want to mention one thing from a perspective of someone with very sensitive hearing in upper frequency ranges. I noticed that a couple of very short tracks have strong noise in around the 17KHz range. For my ears, it can be very grating.

This is easily fixed on my end, and very few people can probably even notice it, but I figured that constructive criticism might be wanted for future reference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:44 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:47 am 
That is certainly the correct philosophy. However, these two tracks only have the problematic noise in that range. The musical content is well below it.

I used a notch filter in Audacity with a very narrow width at I believe 16.5 kHz. It put the noise in that very narrow band at almost the exact same inaudible levels as the normal noise around it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:02 pm 

clips dont work well in mi Winamp... stop-and-start...

anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:44 am 

I've just received it and listened to it. This is a truly amazing experience to be able to get back to the roots of what I dearly love : Alan Silvestri's music in its most glorious shape. I feel so lucky and so privileged to listen to such a fascinating album full of music remained lost (from the film and from our ears) for all these years.
I began to fall in love as a kid with Alan Silvestri's sound with Romancing the Stone, Back to the Future and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Now it's like being able to get back to the genesis of everything I've been loving for all these decades.

Thank you Intrada, for resurrecting this precious treasure. Thank you Alan, for all the joy you have always brought to my life, without ever knowing it, you've been my hero when I was a kid, and you'll always be. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:06 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:18 pm 
I understand what you're saying, Doug. When I hear those tracks unedited I mostly hear an extremely piercing, high-pitched sound because of the sustained high volume noise in that frequency.

Thinking about it some more you probably made the right decision because not many people past a certain age have very good hearing above 16 kHz, or so I've often read. The fact that I'm apparently the only one to bring it up validates your decision.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:21 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:39 am 

My review (in French)
http://melomad.wordpress.com/2013/07/08 ... riintrada/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next