[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Stu Phillip's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Vol. 4

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Stu Phillip's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Vol
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:59 pm 

It'll be one or the other. I suspect, if it is not on the CD, it is not on the master tapes.

See Lost Planet of the Gods for one great example of a lost cue, the choral version of Exploration as we get that shot of the Pyramids of Kobol. :(.

It looks like we're getting some fantastic music here, especially the War of the Gods ship of lights music. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:46 pm 

Listening now. Sounds very good.
Is the double imaging of the tracklist type, particularly noticeable on the inner Disc 2 track list, on just some copies (like mine) or is it this way with all of them?
Looks like a drop shadow layer has gone way astray to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:58 pm 

Basil, looks like that to me, too. No big deal - to me anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm 

Looks like mine has the same extreme shadow offset.

Other than this glitch, it looks great.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:49 pm 

Now that I've heard the music, I'm able to answer my own question. What was listed in the Stu Phillips Anthology as Viper vs. Base Ship / Pursuing Baltar is on Volume 4 as two separate cues: Cease Fire and Sheba Shot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:44 pm 

I have to say, the War of the Gods has some really good material for the ship of lights.

The 6 minute choral finale (Gotta Get To Heaven) is really nice.

Listening to these scores, it's bringing back memories of watching the series as a kid on BBC2.

And to have this complete (sans lost material) is something of a milestone.

The Galactica 1980 re-recordings is very interesting. It has the more contemporary feel of Galactica 1980 with that base guitar in there.

I'm curious, where in the narrative of War of the Gods is the Rising Star Celebration?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:24 pm 

Speedy delivery from Intrada, excellent service as always.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:06 am 

My tracklist tray has the same displaced drop-shadow text. Really annoying. Are there any plans to correct this and print up replacements? I'd really like to get a corrected one if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:37 am 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 pm 

Don't worry too much, good sir. It'll be nice to get it corrected, but this release is otherwise absolutely perfect.

Again, thank you Intrada. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 am 

I'm extremely disappointed about this release...

not being entered in Itunes yet! That's 80 tracknames I have to type :evil:

Great music though :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:46 am 

The music for Cain's faceoff with the Base Ships is tracked from the end of "Gun on Ice Planet Zero". The earlier part of the tracked cue is heard in part 1 of the episode, as Baltar's Raiders are closing on Galactica.

But I have to ask now, having purchased all 4 volumes:

There are the two cues from "Lost Planet of the Gods" which I've been unable to find anywhere, including on this set.
-1 is that choral version of "Exploration" heard around the Pyramids.
-2 is a percussion/strings bit that accompanies Starbuck jumping into his Viper and flying off, before he's caught by Baltar's forces. This piece was tracked into the opening of "Fire in Space" for the opening battle and the moment when the Raider rams into the Landing Bay.

Are both of these pieces of music completely lost?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:18 am 

I remember being told that if a piece was not on this set, the master could not be found.

So yes, unfortunately, they are currently lost.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:40 am 

I understand there are no tapes or masters extant for cues like that - and these have been great collections.

However, I must also ask how Universal was able to create 5.1 mixes of those episodes, including "Lost Planet of the Gods" for the DVD collection I still have, if the stems were gone. Some element must have survived or they would not have been able to do so. (I'm referring to the Cylon Head BSG set that came out in 2003, which was later re-released in a simpler box.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next