[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4b; Score releases now possible?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4b; Score releases now possible?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:43 pm 

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... 4-billion/

So if Disney owns Lucasfilm now, does that mean Intrada could work out a deal to release proper 2CD sets of the scores to Star Wars 1-6, Indiana Jones 1-4, and Willow?

Post subject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4b; Score releases now possib
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:56 pm 

I'm a huge Disney fan, so I support everything they choose to do, and while it's likely far too soon to say anything concrete, especially on Intrada's part, I really hope we can someday see Barry's music for Howard the Duck released, one of my favorite 80's films and scores--not ashamed to say it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:07 pm 

Hehe ... nice to see somebody else had exactly the same thought as me when I first saw the news. :D It's early days, but I'll be interested to see what Disney does with the franchise (the BBC are already saying there'll be an Episode VII in 2015 ... not sure if they've got that from a good source).

Needless to say, I can't help but get excited at the prospect of Doug and team being let loose in the Lucasfilm vaults ... we can dream, can't we? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:28 pm 

Kind of burying the lead with this one. :) The announcement did formally announce that Episode VII will come out in 2015 with additional films following at 2-3 year intervals. Lucas wrote the story treatments and will serve as "creative consultant", but will not be writing or directing the movies.

Obvious question that comes to mind in the context of this site is how, if at all, John Williams will fit into all this...

-Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:57 pm 

Amen and ditto, Azella! Howard the Duck is one of my grail! Lets hope it's more of a probability now. :-D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:37 am 

Let's hope John Williams will still be in good shape in 2015 !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:51 am 

HOWARD THE DUCK!
most definitely...
:wink:
and those STAR WARS prequels (eps 1,2 & 3)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 pm 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:19 pm 
Damn, I lose power for a couple of days due to the hurricane and Disney outbids me by a few dollars. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:46 pm 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:12 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:01 am 

If Williams wasn't going to score the next Star Wars, Michael Giacchino would be the first most clever choice for a replacement, of course ! No one could ever think of someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 am 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 am 

I could think of a dozen people other than Giacchinoi. In fact, Giacchino doesn't even make my list.

I'd certainly give it to John Scott.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:25 pm 

Well if we can chose someone that doesn't compose for mainstream movies anymore, I should pick Bruce Broughton as my dreamy composer.
But the most realistic choice is Michael Giacchino of course. Be afraid, it could be Hans Zimmer or one of his clones !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next