[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Two Conans

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: The Two Conans
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:24 pm 

Okay, I know rumors started on this. Not sure where it started (AICN perhaps?), but given the number of requests we get for clarity, I thought I would do one posting for my own sanity. Yes, we are restoring and releasing both CONAN THE BARBARIAN and CONAN THE DESTROYER. Yes, the rumors that the masters were missing were false. They were there...24-track and 4-track units in pristine condition and complete, sitting right where we expected them to be at Universal. We transferred everything...the sound is stunning. Simply stunning. Going back to the 24-track is going to reveal a detail and ferocity on both scores you just haven't heard before. Basil often went for a muscular, powerhouse over the top performance to match unrivaled visuals and got it in a way no big orchestral score had quite achieved up to that point. Remember the feeling when you heard these scores for the first time? You'll feel it again! Fans of these scores should be ready to have their socks knocked off.

Post subject: Re: The Two Conans
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:56 pm 

Or my wallet knocked out......rumor, huh!??!?!? I just thought I'd see
what's happening on the boards, and THIS drops!?!??! I literally had to
just walk away and collect myself!

Great news, Intrada is $60 bucks richer from me, at least ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:56 pm 
That is great to know. I'm glad that I forwent the re-recording of Barbarian (from a budgetary point of view).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 pm 

:shock: :shock:

Wow. Just WOW. I am speechless right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:19 pm 
GULP................... :shock:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:51 pm 

As deeply appreciative as I am with the hard work you're doubtlessly pouring into these projects, I'm forced to ask what your current projected release is for these. (Q4 2011, etc). Normally, I'm not one to "look at his Christmas presents early" but I'd like to avoid being crestfallen every two weeks for an unknown number of months (years?).

Feel free to tell me to take a running plunge into a deep river wearing cement weights, if you'd rather not answer. I won't take it personally.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:52 pm 

Roger! I didn't expect you to spill the beans this early. Heh.

I truly am excited for both releases and I will be buying up half a dozen of Barbarian for sure. I have several friends (not online very much, nor have they heard of FSM/Intrada) whom I need to expose this soundtrack to. Another milestone, right beside the Disney partnership, for sure. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:26 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:30 pm 

This is wonderful news, indeed! I can't wait for these two masterpieces to get the "Intrada treatment".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:31 pm 

The boot of Destroyer is: 34 tracks, 67:28

Assuming there will be some alternates, maybe some stuff not on what ever tapes were used for the boot, maybe about 70 minutes or more.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:58 pm 

Did NOT want to cause a modicum of panic, but I just figured these
will both be 2cd sets, because......well because......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 pm 

Where did my jaw go?

Oh DEAR GOD! I am picking it up off the floor. Okay, just sign me up for both of these right now... 2011 is an awesome year for Intrada and it just gets better and better. Doug, Roger and the rest of the Intrada family... AWESOME NEWS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 pm 

Yes! Count me in. Congratulations on finding good masters, guys; thanks to Universal for storing them properly. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:32 pm 

Thank You Crom!!! I mean Roger & the rest of the INTRADA crew!!!! You just made me & a whole mess of us very very very...Happy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:16 pm 

Roger, This is indeed stunning news. And we had all thrown the towel on this one until Tadlow did the re-recording (which I adore!) The original material, all thought to be lost, is now found again. As we fans says "Cant wait" Will appreciate if you could us let us know when these will be out. Cheers!

PS. The Varese expanded cd which was all muddy to begin with can finaly RIP.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next