[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Sucking The Joy Out Of Soundtracks...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Sucking The Joy Out Of Soundtracks...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:59 pm 

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:56 pm 

Some people are just plain worthless. They'll do something with the intent of giving the impression they are somehow more astute than others. As if trying to find something to crow loudly about. If you're the sort of person looking for something to piss and cry about you'll no doubt find it.

How about the so-called "journalist" at CNN who recently pissed and cried about an off color gay joke in the new Ronnie Howard film? What's he call himself, Anderson Cooper? The guy makes an appearance on the Ellen Degeneris show for the purpose of raising a stink about something that is basically none of his damn business and finds an audience of like minded nanzy panzies to go along with it. Anyway, the producers of the film pulled the "offensive" line of dialogue. Wrong way to go, never back down from the nanzy panzies, doing so only empowers them. Stand your ground and they will wimper and go away.

Oh well, I guess we'll all have to wait for the directors cut DVD. :lol:

You come across a lot of shit in this life and you can multiple it by a brazillion internet nosepickers. I say fuck 'em. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:28 am 

I think that certain labels have now set the bar so incredibly high that when something is done "merely" really well it's perceived as being somehow disappointing. If X score from 1978 can be restored so amazingly well that it sounds like it was recorded yesterday then how come Y score recorded 10 years later sounds so much worse? That's not the fault of the label - of course! - but it's easier to take it out on the label than on the person who manufacturered or stored (or threw out!) the master tape.

Another is that everybody has their own grails from 10, 20, 30 years ago that were never released. We've lived with that music for so long, we've created the perfect soundtrack album in our heads, with sequencing, sound quality, even sometimes cover art. When a real album finally comes along there's no possible chance it could live up to expectations, so we're instantly disappointed. It's not a criticism of the label, it's simply the fact that fantasy and reality don't often meet. But again the label becomes the punch bag, simply for being there! (Ironically, after a week with the album, all memory of your fantasy album disappear and the CD becomes a favourite!)

It's a slightly different problem with releases of new scores. In those cases it's a matter of length. People expect 70+ minutes now and are disappointed when they "only" get 45 - even if there were only 45 actually written! All that disc space wasted...

We were all so much more naive in the old days...

Intrada is the best soundtrack label out there - always has been - for their selection of great scores, for their attention to music detail, for their presentation and for their customer service, which is the best anywhere on the internet - and I've been buying from them regularly for 19 years!

Keep up the amazing work, fellas!

NP: Battlestar Galactica - wow!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:58 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:28 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:21 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:40 pm 

Is Herr Eric von Paddon now posting here? :twisted:

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm 

Nah, it's just considering those with a sense of entitlement is to consider those with the media who "send the wrong message".

If CNN had their way, reruns of Sanford And Son would be banned. Have you ever seen the episode when Fred believes his son Lamont is gay? Funnier than funny. And then Lamont starts thinking Fred and his best friend Bubba are gay. Off the hook.

A person can go insane buying into the horseshit. CNN and others in the mainstream media need to get their heads out of the clouds and out of their asses. Same goes for anyone else who thinks the world revolves around their petty complaints and wimpering and doing so while hiding behind the guise of belief. Bullshit, it's all a power trip regardless of what level it's on.

I'll say no more. If the guys at Intrada feel all of this is innapropiate within this thread, delete it. I'll certainly take no offense.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:48 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:53 pm 

I think that's a good idea to allow the people who actually appreciate all your hard work to buy them. It's quite sad a few can REALLY bring you down, but it's true. As many praises you get which, everyone enjoys, all it takes is a few to really make you wonder. Yah, many of them keep buying album after album, but what you have to put up with is not worth it.

It reminds me of when I used to work at a cafeteria that had mainly an older clientele. The same customers a few of them, would come in every single day and complain every single mother F'ING time about this and that. BUT, they came in every single day. It reminds me of your customers, many buy them, but they complain all the time. If I ever had a business and a customer was making a problem. I would have NO issue, saying, SIR, you are finished and are not allowed to come back. Whether my business would fail or not, I don't care, it's the principal. Since they are a paying customer, they expect the world.

I myself am inclined to have more music than less. It reminds me of when I'm filming an event. I'd rather have WAY too much footage, than not enough. Those that don't want all the music, can easily with all the great technology make their own CDR and/or playlist on their ipod. That way, those that only wanted this many cues, have them, and those that really wanted every last drop has them. Course there are many CD's that I don't want every cue, but I would never complain and say darn you, you should have made it less ALL FOR ME. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking...there's someone out there that's tickled pink, he has that cue or this cue.

I do hope I make the list!! Maybe next time I'm out in LA, I'll take a trip up to you guys, if you have time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 pm 

You know--I don't have a lot of money; I don't have a super career, nor am I the most intelligent guy in the world. What I am is a mere mortal soul who tries his hand at some hero-like roles such as being a Dad, being a husband, and being someone who tries hard at walking a straight line--paying his dues and giving credit where it's needed. Intrada has been a huge part of my life for many years now. I've really worked hard at budgeting myself with so many other things in life just to support what these guys do as a label, as a circle of friends, and as a group of people who not only know what good music is, but also know how to represent good music on an album.

I really love and appreciate everyone elsewhere, working hard on their own labels, but something about Intrada just romantically stirs my blood. They have a professionalism that remains unmatched; they have a quality instilled in their legacy that has been boldly pronounced over and over with every new release. Without Intrada, I really think I'd lose a huge part of my personal self outside family and work. I don't do much else except watch films and collect good music, and Intrada is my most prized of people selling CDs today.

Sometimes I wonder why everyone reaches out so far to hurt others--hurt those who innocently aim to bring the best to the surface. It's as if life has this tendency to remove the good-spirited souls who crave these things, and replace all their excitement with both the ridicule and rust from those who aim to destroy someone's work. I wish more people chose to discuss how beautiful a package something like Predator came out to be, or how Intrada heard those lonely calls from deep within the soundtrack shadows where all those unlucky collectors desperately needed Predator in their hands. Yeah, it's a good business move for them to do so, but certainly they infected the product with as much love as they would have any other release, and they should be commended, not condemned for a few mere seconds.

When all the moments are finally added up; when every detail is organized into a book of soundtrack history, Intrada will go down, in my view, as the most classiest group of overachievers who refused to participate in technical hypocrisy, childish propaganda, and useless opportunity. I love them, always will, and will continue to do my best at supporting their releases, collecting their heart and soul on every round saucer I can get, and maybe I can instill a bit of that morality into my daughter as she comes along in age; it's something to respect. And I think her father--much like Intrada--has his head on straight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 pm 

@ Azella
I must say that this is one of the most thoughtful and sincere posts I´ve read in herefor a long time and I heartfully agrees with you.
Let´s praise more as it lifts the spirit around all and just ignore all negative posts. Sure people are entitled to critisize, but do it polite and don´t spit it in the face of those who in this case release treasures for us people.
This board, the rest of the grid...ehh I mean the net, heck even the world will be a nicer place and that´s a fact.

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:48 pm 

William Burroughs Road To The Western Lands considers the many snakes in the grass a person will encounter throughout life. It's the way it goes, stay on your toes and don't allow them to slither all over you. I say screw 'em, if someone attempts to announce dominance by taking their best shot, bring 'em to their knees.

The human race isn't as civilized as some would have people believe. If murder were legalized tomorrow, a lot of normal people would kill their next door neighbor. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6