[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Sucking The Joy Out Of Soundtracks...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sucking The Joy Out Of Soundtracks...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:52 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:29 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:44 am 

If these negativos continue the suck the joy out of your (or anybody's) work, then I'll be there to blow it right back in. And if that sounded slightly odd and insinuating...then it's because I intended to sound like that! :twisted:

You keep up the good work and just deal with the nice people only! :)

Christian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:35 pm 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:33 pm 

Doug, I think you are on the right track. THEN hear the howls from the malcontents that they have been left out. I MEAN what I just said.
Then let them start their own label. Boy, THAT'S a hot one.

Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:53 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:56 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:55 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:09 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:13 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
For my money, the Intrada albums -- all the ones I have at least, including those on LP -- have always been excellent productions.
And I, for one, would usually prefer the music to be presented as the composer originally intended and with some musical flow. Certainly not the botched and edited versions that often actually end up in the movie. That would be a dreadful listening experience, like the two CD release of PHANTOM MENACE, or even worse. Intrada has never released a sloppy album like that. I have full faith in Intrada's judgement of how they assemble their albums.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:37 am 

I have been collecting and enjoying soundtracks for over 30 years and only started noticing these forums in the last six months. I always knew they were there, but just was not interested in participating. I like the peace and quiet of collecting in isolation, I guess.

I was an early reader of Film Score Monthly, feeling it was a wonderful window on the 'community' of film music at the beginning and then, a couple of years later, cancelling my subscription because I felt there was no editorial direction. The magazine seemed to be aimed at those wanting to know the smallest (insignificant) detail about a score or it's release and it was spoiling it for me.

So my advice is, if these naysayers are getting on your nerves, just stop subjecting yourself to them. Stop posting on these boards and do your own thing, for yourself.

That's what I'd do (and have done). :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:23 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:11 pm 

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts ... &archive=0

the most insufferable words in the soundtack lexicon.
:x
next worse:" it's not in the proper aspect ratio"
:roll:
i love the Intrada release of PREDATOR (see other thread)very nice job! :D
(I created a personal "album" version out of the Intrada tracks that runs 45 wonderful minutes)

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

Last edited by bruce marshall on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 pm 

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next