[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Sucking The Joy Out Of Soundtracks...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sucking The Joy Out Of Soundtracks...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 pm 

Good people at Intrada -

You must be doing something right. Because just in the New Year I have ordered:

Clash of the Titans
Flesh + Blood
Great Escape
Battlestar Galactica
House of Usher

Which is a lot for me. I love your work, and I love the way you guys put together a package. You can always feel the love and care, and it's fun to celebrate that with you.

I too remember the old days of record stores, before there was any thought of expansions or complete recordings. It was just fun to find those little treasures. It's an all new game now, but you don't give yourself enough credit for creating your own era of fun, and new memories that we will one day look fondly on. I love the "clues" given for each release. Absolutely love it. It's so much fun seeing everyone throw their hopes and guesses in. And then, Monday night, when you see that cover art revealed, it's a wonderful feeling. The internet has replaced the record store, but you fine folks at Intrada have created a special culture around communicating these releases, and then delivering the goods in a product that pleases. You ought to be proud of that. I suspect deep down you are. We're incredibly spoiled to have you guys putting these little treasures out there, and I've yet to be disappointed with an Intrada product.

So thanks for the great CDs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:30 pm 

It really bothers me to see someone like Douglas Fake get so bent out of shape by these whining brats that he thinks of throwing in the towel. C'mon, Doug, you (and I) have been around too long to let these kids get to you. You can't please everyone all the time but you sure as hell please the vast majority of us who continue to support Intrada.

I'm not very vocal on these soundtrack threads because, well, mainly because I feel like an outsider with not much to add or say, but when I hear talk of "throwing in the towel", it disturbs me deeply. I wouldn't want you to give up on us, the soundtrack collectors, like yourself, who have always loved the movies and the music in them.

By the way, I just stopped by to see if your latest CD's were posted. You guys make my Mondays.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 pm 

Location: Lynchburg, VA, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way, If you can't find me by now you are hopelessly lost
I haven't read through this whole thread, but here's my two cents...

Intrada always does their best work on their albums. And if there's a mistake, they apologize and replace the defect FOR FREE.
Everthing looks professional. The artwork and booklets are great to look at and read.
Intrada spends so much time looking for sources to release a great product. Take for instance Road House. It was mentioned that Intrada has checked every source they know of to try and find that last missing cue. They didn't give up, and when they couldn't find it, they asked US for our input! How thoughtful is that?

Overall, they get an A++++ rating in my book. Keep going, Roger and Doug. You're doing just fine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:40 pm 

I buy as much as I can, and try to keep the whining as low as I can :) Doug, you are doing some marvelous releases, hope you keep going! :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:13 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm 

Intrada is the biggest reason I started seriously purchasing soundtracks again. I've always purchased them, but not like I do now. Your company opened me up to so many more scores and composers I never even gave a second look at. I hope the good out-weighs the bad in the end. I really believe there are a lot more people who love and respect what you do than those who do not.
Thank you to you and all at Intrada for all the hard work you put into every single release.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:48 pm 

Hi Doug! I'm so glad you're not throwing in the towel, you're not only a great record producer, but a nice man I consider a friend to us all here at Intrada.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:51 pm 

I completely sympathize with what you're going through. I've been there before professionally. It's never fun. You get into something because it's bringing you joy, and you want to share that with others. But because others want you to tailor what you're doing to their wants/needs, it sucks the joy out of what you're doing. Believe me, been there. All you can do is ignore the complainers and keep doing what makes you happy, and be confident in the fact that though the whiners will always be there, so too will those who appreciate what you do and are glad you are doing it; though they may not make themselves known quite so often, they do exist, "and in greater numbers."

Try not to let a few cry babies ruin it for you. Some people, no matter what you do, you will never make happy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:55 pm 

Here is the Gods honest truth when it comes to assholes on the internet. Usually, it is directly proportionate to their quality of life. Cyber-bullies, whiners, nitpickers (especially the types that don't even buy these CDs), and all around trouble makers tend to have a poor quality of life and troll around each day feeling unfulfilled. They take this unfulfillment out on the only people who won't turn around and punch them in the face, those on the internet where the safety of a keyboard and computer screen protects them. Perhaps they just want to hate someone who is successful at a business venture such as Intrada or Kritzerland, or maybe that big hole in their life is so universal that they can't be happy matter what. I don't know but what I do know is that if they drive people like Doug Fake to consider altering what is a perfectly good venture in every way, then they've won. But they'll still be unfulfilled and go find the next winner to try and bring down because that is what losers do.

Life is a struggle for many of us and I am certainly not immune to struggles, frustrations, and general things that can bog you down. I do, however, know what makes my spirit soar and that is music....particularly film music. These last four years especially have been just incredible times to be alive for fans of film music. We've gotten so many great releases of things we never thought in a million years we'd see and there is so much more to come. Intrada, Kritzerland, FSM, LLL, these are all entities that contribute to my rebounding from the things that get me down. And you know what, I've had minor complaints here and there (including, embarrassingly enough, tape hissing which I have learned to find the charm in) but I would never act as if I know better than the people who put out their money and produce this stuff.

It is perfectly natural to let a group of idiots bring you down, but at the end of the day you guys are releasing the albums, not them. And your product will sell because people like me who live for music will buy it. Please stick around and keep the good stuff coming.

Last edited by John DeSentis on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:57 pm 

After 25 years, a few rotten apples & sour pickles cannot tarnish a reputation such as Intrada's.

We all know what the word intrada means, but Intrada the Label the defines the soundtrack community as a family.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm 

I really don't think that a few whiners are worth fussing about. They cause a lot of drama, but talk of banning is a little extreme for people expressing their opinion. I also think what LLL did a few months ago at FSM was almost a bit childish. Don't do what they did by practically running away from the community over a very vocal but small percentage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:28 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:01 pm 

OK, I hope this works. I have never uploaded a mp3 message before like this.

This audio message is for Doug. It is not rehearsed or anything, so please forgive it's rough edges.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:07 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next