[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Sucking The Joy Out Of Soundtracks...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sucking The Joy Out Of Soundtracks...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:53 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 am 

Why do some people nit-pick...becouse they can, it's called entitlement & there's a lot of it about now. It's not that long ago that you bought a record/CD from a shop & that was it, no way could you talk to the producer & complain about a bar of music or the cover ect. But it's just a couple of people that go on (& on & on), most of us are very gratefull. I love the fact that these small record companies like, Intrada, FSM, & Kritzerland ect. are run by fans for fans, & they do talk to us.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:39 am 

I've been pretty damn thrilled with what's been happening with Intrada, Kritzerland, LaLa, FSM, MSM and the rest. Things which I thought would never see the light of day are available.

All you need to do...when some tool reaches the heights of stupidity and posts waveforms or spectro-whatsits, proving that HE IS an audio engineer because he downloaded some freeware and now feels he knows what he's talking about...is just shake your head and laugh. Then just keep doing what you're doing.

I mean come on. A whiner is a whiner. No matter what, they'll complain.

The biggest goobers are the loudest ones. And can be easily ignored. The vast majority smile, open our wallets, and give you guys the support and respect you deserve for the great job you do.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:47 am 

Doug, Roger, Bruce etc etc,

Just keep doing what you have been doing and don't worry about the small minority who complain. I'd say the success outweighs the negativity exhibited by a few.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 am 

I agree with what some of the others have said...just keep doing what you are doing...do what makes YOU happy. I trust your instincts when it comes to producing CDs, and I know that you guys at Intrada (and Kritzerland) will put out the best possible product. Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 am 

There is always somebody that will complain about anything. I always find it particularly shocking when I've just received some holy grail and I log on and somebody is tearing it to pieces for a complete non-issue.

Whatever. Roger, Doug, Bruce, your work appeals to those of us with a full deck of cards. Thank you for your hard work and diligence.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:29 am 
Doug you made a very good point. I do have to apologize to everyone because I have went overboard w/my sdtk requests on this board a little to much. :oops:

Unforutunately I am a major novice when it comes to this industry. But I would love to learn more about it. :)

Thanks so much. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:38 am 

I'm new to the forum, but am a faithful long-time fan of Intrada. I have never had any complaints about any of the releases, and I would like to commend you all on the work you do for us, the fans. What you do may seem thankless in light of the nitpickers, but please know your efforts are truly respected and valued.

Thanks for all you do, and keep up the great work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:08 am 

I agree with all the above and have nothing more to add except this little dedication to our favourite label.

The image is best viewed while listening to this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXO3gKfO ... re=related

Enjoy Intrada, this dedication is for you guys.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:53 am 

Last year this label rekindled my enthusiam for soundtracks respectively put it on another level. I realized it's not only because of their top-notch releases but also because of this place here. Let me tell you, Intrada: Your passion & wisdom does come over. And it's inspiring. You're the good guys. Never forget that.

Thanks for what you've done and what you'll be doing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:02 am 

For someone like myself, who began collecting soundtracks back in the 70's, I can't imagine being discontent with the current riches pouring forth from Intrada and the other good labels (they know who they are). In some ways, I actually miss poring over rows and rows of LP's at the local record store. But boy oh boy, have I ever been thrilled by the re-issues of old favorites (see my avatar), as well as the lavish treatment afforded to newer works such as the massive LOTR recordings.

All of this is by way of saying that I truly support and admire what Intrada is doing, and if I ever did have a quibble (can't think of one, actually), then I would have the good sense to either keep it to myself or at least communicate it in some constructive, non-trollish way.

I am pretty sure I speak for the majority here when I say that I would not change a thing, Doug, and that the prospect of not being able to look forward to new and fun recordings every few weeks is a very sad one. Add my "plus one" to the supporters and the yea-sayers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:27 am 

I think a lot of the negative comments are caused by the internet's "non-intimacy".

While most people are considerate enough to "behave" when being invited to somebody's living room (i.e. label forums), some don't really "get" the idea that they're downright insulting the very people that produce what they are buying...

I somehow strongly doubt that the "Nicolas" (as in q: "honey, why do you wear brown shoes with black pants?" a: "dear, don't go all nicola on me, o.k.?") in our world would have the nerve to talk like that to people they ACTUALLY meet. They think it's the "freedom" of speech policy that they're entitled to...

I think the nitpickers should open up a special forum themselves. Something like http://www.myfavoritelabelforcesmetobuy ... roduct.com.

I know the frustration sobs like that can bring you, believe me. I am running a jazz club in Bern, Switzerland and we present absolute top artists throughout the year (think Monty Alexander, Michel Camilo, Ahmad Jamal, McCoy Tyner, Pharoah Sanders and so on) that you can see no other club in Switzerland. And I must say that a certain "Nicola" part of our regulars get infuriated if they are seated a mere 2 feet next to their favorite table. They don't care if the room is full and they only reserved a few hours before the gig. They get mad and insulting and this sometimes gets me stark raving mad in return and I have to be very careful to not lose the etiquette sometimes.

But then I breathe deeply (or inhale deeply, as I am usually going out to smoke after such an incident) and always realise that these buggers are the minority, while the vast majority enjoys our concerts and good hospitality.

Should I go home and think about these idiots or should I be glad the other 99% are enjoying what I work for and believe in?

I try to stay optimistic. Sometimes i think as much as those nattering naybobs of negativity are spoiled with too much of a good thing, we are spoiled with being among decent, respectful people and hence occasionally get dragged down by some single, stupid and inconsiderate comments. That's only natural.

Now I say "let's just ignore the idiots and keep up our spirit". That is until next time, when some ignorant bastard messes up my day with disrespectful comments :wink:

In any case, I cannot thank you "makers" enough for putting so much great music out there... I still put myself back into my early soundtrack days of the early 80's. Man, if i would have known... the wait would have been torture!

Please keep up the good spirits and please do feel free to ban trespassers that do not respect the rules of the house. It IS your living room, after all!

Best,
Burnie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 am 

Last edited by Larry Deutchman on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:58 am 

I'd like to add something to my previous diatribe above. Despite the complaints, have you noticed them impacting on the sales results you've been expecting from your recent releases? If not, the answer is right before you -- the complaints don't matter. There are certain things that nobody can take away from us. They can take away our business (which they don't seem to be). But they can't take away our passion or our creative integrity. We can only take that away from ourselves by offering others too much power in the situation. In this case, by imbuing their words with too much power. No matter how loud they complain, you must stand by the integrity of your releases and the purity of your intentions with them. They can't take these away from you and as long as you don't empower their words, they can't take the joy out of what you're doing. Now I'm done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:29 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
In the Battlestar Galactica thread (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3930&start=15) Doug replied succinctly "because I wanted to" when asked why he included short cues of just a few seconds in length. And really, that's the best way to deal with nitpicking (though I'm not saying that asking such a question amounts to nitpicking... it's one thing to ask something, it's another to have sour grapes over the answer). There is no WAY to assemble every album uniquely tailored to everybody's personal vision. But nobody's stopping anybody from producing his own album or album edit.

And what the heck... I have to chip in here and say that I am POSITIVELY thrilled about so many releases out there right now... I'm sorry that I don't get to nitpicking all that much, simply because I enjoy listening to many of these albums just "out of the box" and the way they are. Just today, wow, I received my copy of not just LINK but also 48 HRS. from SAE (LINK was already sold out here). 48 Hrs. was a score I searched the record stores for back in 1982 to get that Main Title... well, no need to say I didn't find it. It was not released. There was no Internet back in those days where I could have researched that.

I have not seen the movie in ages, I don't remember the entire score, sequence, whatever cues were there... I just know I'm really glad to finally have that score.. I thought back then the Main Title was a really cool piece of music, Horner was really out to prove himself in those days, and now, almost twenty years later, I still think it's a really cool score. Can't wait to put this into my car stereo (as I already mentioned in another thread).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next