[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Perseverance Records to release "Slipstream"

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Perseverance Records to release "Slipstream"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:05 pm 

Well from reading the thread over at FSM, it looks like the guy who said he owned the rights, in fact didn't. I'm sure a lot of this sort of thing goes on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:41 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:26 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:53 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:42 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am 

Legitimate poitns have been brought up, to which Robin gives no kind of actual proof, just take his word for it.

There's a whole FSM thread dealing with trying to get the score released:
http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p ... &archive=1

There was another one, I can't find it, where one member had called up the obscure studio, and they basically told him to "fuck off".

It just seems a little hard to think suddenly, out of nowhere, an essentially still "fresh" label, gets the impossible grail.

And then he wants to become angry because we all think it's fishy coming out April 1st; just what the hell was he expecting releasing an impossible, wanted holy Bernstein grail, on the one day set aside specifically each year to FOOL PEOPLE.

He might as well said it's being released Smarch 32nd, or something like:
"The complete, mastered score to the blood curtaling, skin crawling, window pain knocking "Salem's Lot", by Harry Sukman finally avaiable ... CHRISTMAS DAY. HO HO HO!!!"

Even in the end, if it turns out it's simply a case of Bernstein did own the rights, and they used the housed masters at the Bernstein Collection (did he keep any copies himself, since this isn't even the complete score being released) ... wouldn't they still need approval on art work from the studio, possibly sign offs/approvals from the obscure Entertainment Film Distributors Ltd? If they're as nasty a people to deal with as chronicled ... anyway, just rambling now.

Robin can clear these up, I would imagine, anytime. And he needs to just get over the release date, or change it. And I don't mean to April 2nd.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 am 

Okay, I'm afraid that I'm the one who started us down this path when I said I was suspicious -- mainly because I know the label's previous practices weren't always on the level and I know several labels who had tried to license legitimately and it was seemingly impossible. As I said earlier, I would reserve further judgment. But it's entirely possible the estate has taken control of the license and everything is above board now. So let's call off the witch hunt and just enjoy this grail release. I know I will.

Roger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:49 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:23 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:02 pm 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:36 pm 

What I don't get is, if the movie is public domain, why to all the other rights matter at all?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:33 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:55 pm 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:12 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next