[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Stu Phillip's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Vol. 1

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Stu Phillip's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Vol
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:03 pm 

I was in law school when Battlestar Galactica first aired. It remains a favorite show and score. Mr. Phillips, thanks for all the great music over the years. I can't wait for the other volumes in this series. Ok sure one of the episodes plots was borrowed heavily from Guns of Navarone. I still loved the show and still do. I was thrilled over the past few years to chat in person with Anne Lockhart, Laurette Spang and Dirk Benedict when they visited Detroit for the local comics/media convention. (Taking my disabled sister's service dog is a great ice breaker. "Hey I've never seen a dalmatian as a service dog before" "Why, Ms Lockhart your mom met him last year when she was here and he is the first one certified in the country for mobility assistance work") We bend the rules for celebrities on the no petting while working rule...hehehe) My sister is a big Galactica fan as well

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:05 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
I do have the well done re-recording Varese released a few years ago, as well as the original soundtrack LP. Will be thrilled to blast this out of my stereo speakers.

Last edited by Nicolai P. Zwar on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:29 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:56 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 am 

By the way, "Sex at last" is one of the best if not the best cue title I ever encountered. :-)
And it's been a favorite of mine since I first heard it, many, many, many moons ago... when I was still barely a teenager dreaming to be a cool guy, like Starbuck, and have sex at last. ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:28 pm 

Wow! Got mine already. Intrada's shipping is incredibly fast.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:11 pm 

This thing sounds NICE!!!! MUCH clearer and more detailed a listen, even on my little computer speakers (haven't let it rip on a proper system yet). What Doug said about this performance being more intense than the LP recording we're all used to? Yeah. :D

The 'behind the scenes' picture in the notes of Doug and Stu peering seriously and pointing definitively (respectively) at a computer monitor with stuff on it is fun to see. All else fails, point at a computer monitor with stuff on it, ideally with a hat on. ;)

Thanks for this one, guys! Any time you choose to bring on Volume 2 is just fine by me.

(By the way, what's with the "verification" login thingy? Have the spambots been particularly active lately?)

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:51 pm 

I ordered House of Usher, but I'm still trying to decide on this release--still eyeing it a few times a day. Is it really worth it, guys? I'm not too, too familiar with Stu Philips.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:52 pm 

If you like big, dramatic orchestral music, you can't go wrong with this.

I really hope this sells well and that we are guaranteed the rest of the series.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:49 pm 

Just got my copy in the mail today...

Needless to say... BATTLESTAR has been playing... and again... and again... since it got here. It sounds awesome. Thanks again Intrada and Mr. Phillips.

Nothing like re-living my youth (what salt and pepper hair?)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:41 am 

I'm amazed this still hasn't sold out yet!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:34 pm 

This is an amazing release. I love all the little scene punctuation cues. I've been listening nonstop.

A couple questions regarding source cues:

Is "Galactic Rock" an alternate? It seems different from the one in the Stu Phillips Anthology and in the film. More electric guitar and less synth, perhaps. Also, on the Stu Phillips Anthology, the titles for "Outer Space Disco" and "Galactic Rock" are switched. Why the switch?

Also, was there another source cue (which plays when Apollo and Serena are reunited with Starbuck and Boomer on Carillon) that didn't make the cut for this release. Is there a chance it'll turn up on another volume?

I've always enjoyed Stu Phillips' source music for Galactica.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:57 pm 

Since it is Mr. Phillips, I'd like to publicly credit him as one of the three composers responsible for me liking scores to motion pictures and television from an early age. In fact, he may be the reason---I vaguely remember trying to hum and/or whistle through one of the main fanfares to Galactica as a kid once I'd heard it in a TV store, long before I had any copies of Williams' work on Star Wars. So, between Galactica, BR25C and Knight Rider, it's safe to say that Stu Phillips has a strong place in the soundtrack of my youth. Thanks a bunch!

Again, I'll buy all of the proposed Galactica releases. Can we get the instrumental fanfare for the regular BR25C series as a bonus somehow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:13 am 

Do we have a definitive answer on how many volumes are going to be released as yet? I ask because I need to make sure there are sufficient finances in place when they are released, coupled with anything else Intrada releases in the meantime.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next