[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Stu Phillip's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Vol. 1

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Stu Phillip's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Vol
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:24 pm 

Nice release.But il pass.I bought a 4cd limited edition soundtrack of music from the entire series that was released back in the late 90's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:52 pm 

As long as we're trivia-ing

George Lucas and John Williams visited the recording sessions to see if the music wasn't a rip-off from Star Wars. Williams decided it wasn't, complimented Stu -- and left.[/i][/i][/i]

To clarify the above statement posted by johnbijl... John Williams and Lionel Newman visited one of the BSG sessions. George Lucas DID NOT.

SP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:14 pm 

Is this Mr. Phillips?

If so congrats and thank you to both you and Intrada for this wonderful release.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:56 pm 

My order's in. Thanks to Intrada and Stu Phillips for this---I'm in for the entire production run, as far as that goes. This'll make a triple-dip for me on the basics of this release, and I'm still as eager for this one as I was for the RSNO release.

Woo hoo!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:55 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:52 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:40 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:38 am 

Battlestar Galactica theme is probably the first tune of orchestral music that really pushed me toward film music. I'm a child of TV, movies came later.

Fantastic job Mr Phillips !

Thank you very much for a such release. The sound quality seems to be stuning !

ORDERED !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 am 

Fantastic! Another great 70s work gets the release it deserves from the great and the good At Intrada. I may just be happy with the pilot score so not sure if I will dip into further volumes. Thank you for this one!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:56 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:38 am 

You know.... reading about Williams and Newman showing up to the Galactica recording sessions to see if Williams was being ripped off kinda irks me. Seems rather childish to me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 pm 

To all of you who have posted here, yes... this is Stu Phillips saying Hi. And I thank you for your interest in the music of BSG.

Please do not hold John Williams at fault for visiting the BSG session. It was not his idea to do so. He was asked (ordered?) by the legal department of Fox to do this. John is too nice a person to have done this on his own. That is not his style. He is one of the nicest men I have met in this crazy business of music.

SP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:27 pm 

Great release Intrada and Mr. Phillips (welcome to the board) :shock: I look forward to this and the coming releases.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:08 pm 

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:37 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next